Easy Exchanges & Returns
We recognize this is a challenging time, and we remain deeply committed to the safety and welfare of our customers and associates. Out of an abundance of caution, we are only accepting returns and exchanges in stores open to the public (this does not include Curbside only locations).
We want you to love what you buy from us, but we get it – sometimes it just doesn’t work out. Whether you didn’t like it, or it didn’t work as expected, we’ll try to make it right. If you’d like to make an exchange or return, here’s what you need to know.
You have up to 90 days after purchase to exchange or return, unless noted in our exceptions. Just provide your receipt, and we will refund the purchase price to the original form of payment. Purchases made with a gift card will be refunded as Merchandise Credit.
- Seasonal Items - Patio furniture, grills, holiday products and décor, etc. can be exchanged or returned within 30 days of purchase. Items must be new and unused.
- Electrics - Small kitchen appliances, soda machines, robotic vacuums, baby monitoring devices, breast pumps and personal care appliances, etc. can be exchanged or returned within 60 days of purchase with a receipt.
- Air Mattresses - New and unopened air mattresses may be returned within 90 days of purchase. Opened air mattresses may be exchanged for a similar item, only within 60 days of purchase.
Baby, Toddler and Maternity
- Clothing - Baby, toddler and maternity clothing that is new, unused and has all tags may be exchanged or returned within 90 days of purchase.
- Car Seats and Strollers - Car seats and strollers in new and unused condition with all original packaging, warranty and registration information included may be exchanged or returned within 90 days with a receipt.
- Seating and Activity Items - Pack n plays, swings, high chairs, bouncers, baby seats, and walkers/entertainers must be returned in new and unused condition with all original packaging and may be exchanged or returned within 90 days.
Cannot Be Returned
- Used Car Seats, Strollers, Swings, Bouncers, Booster Seats, Pack n Play, Highchairs, Open Breast Pumps, Baby Clothing, Maternity Wear
- As-Is Items
- Monogrammed, Personalized, Custom-Made and Special-Order Items
- Gift Cards
- Shipping, Delivery, Gift Wrap and Assembly Charges
We may limit or deny returns based on our use of a third-party refund verification system that helps protect against abusive or otherwise non-permitted returns. You may be required to present a valid photo ID* that may be retained in a secure, encrypted database, where permitted by law. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. reserves the right to refuse any return.
*Bed Bath & Beyond accepts the following IDs for returns: U.S. or Canadian Driver’s License, U.S. State ID, Canadian Providence ID, Passport, U.S. Military ID, Matricula Consular, Mexican DL, and Mexican Voter Registration Card
We may be able to help! If your purchase was made within the past year, we'll try to find a record of it using the original credit/debit card, checking account or number associated with a registry, online order or gift card.
If we’re not able to track down your receipt, you still may be able to return or exchange new and unopened items without a receipt. These items may be accepted for exchange or a refund in the form a Merchandise Credit of the current selling price less 20% (we assume customers make the most of our famous blue coupons). Whenever we issue a Merchandise Credit, we'll ask you to show us a government-issued photo ID*. Returns of opened or used items without a receipt will not be accepted.
- All registry purchases returned outside the regular return policy guidelines must be new and unused and will be refunded to a Merchandise Credit up to 365 days.
- All registry purchases within the regular return policy guidelines that are purchased by the registrant (registrant has the original receipt and not the gift receipt) can be refunded to the orignial form of tender.
- All registry purchases wihtin the regular return policy guidelines that are purchased by the gift giver (not by the registrant) can be refunded to a Merchandise Credit.
- Baby Registry - Baby registry items that are new and unopened may be exchanged or returned for Merchandise Credit within 365 days of purchase. For used items, the standard return policy applies.
- Oversized & Large Items - Truck delivery item(s) in the same condition/packaging as received may be returned for any reason within 30 days of receipt (excludes monogrammed, personalized, custom-made and special-order items without manufacturer defect). To schedule a return, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Costs such as shipping, storage and miscellaneous charges (such as cancellation or restocking fees) may apply.
- Returns cannot be accepted after 30 days, please contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- Adult Size Mattresses: Comfort Guarantee - Please allow your body 30 days after delivery to adjust to your new mattress.
- The mattress and/or set must be undamaged, unsoiled, and free of stains with law tags attached. You must seal any mattress in a plastic bag prior to pickup. Please note that your delivery fee won't be refunded. A $99 processing/pick-up fee will be charged and the difference in cost between the two mattresses will apply. Each mattress is a custom order and cannot be canceled, returned, or refunded once submitted for order.
We will arrange to have our carrier contact you to schedule a pick-up of your return.