Bring a touch of global style to your home with this one-of-a-kind handmade wool rug from Afghanistan. Featuring a decorative Turkish-influenced Oushak design, this rug is crafted with all vegetable dyes and a knot count of 180. The pile height is 0.25 inches, providing a comfortable feel underfoot. Colors include beige, brown, and navy.
- Handmade by Afghan weavers using traditional techniques
- 100% hand-spun wool and vegetable dyes for an eco-friendly product
- Unique Oushak design with a knot count of 180
- Semi-antique rug made in the 1960s for a piece of history in your home
- Pile height of 0.25 inches for comfort and durability
Story Behind the Art:
- This rug was made by the Hazara tribes in the province of Bamyan, with the majority of the weavers being women from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India. Rug weaving provides jobs for women weavers and benefits local farmers through wool sales. The artisans create natural and vegetable dyes for the weavers to use in their designs, creating a sustainable and community-focused industry.
- Notes: Due to the handmade nature of this rug, the size may vary by up to 3-4 inches. Color discrepancies may occur between the product and your computer screen. Regular vacuuming and professional cleaning will keep your rug looking new for years to come. Imported.
Disclaimers & Disclosures:
Tip: We recommend the use of a non-skid pad to keep the rug in place on smooth surfaces. All rug sizes are approximate. Due to the difference of monitor colors, some rug colors may vary slightly. We try to represent all rug colors accurately. Please refer to the text above for a description of the colors shown in the photo.